Chocolate + Cherries = The Perfect Valentine’s Day Treat!
I’m pretty sure that you’ll want to make some of these for your Valentine’s lovies. 😀
If you love chocolate and you love cherries, you just might find this recipe addictive. Perfectly moist on the inside with a slightly chewy outside. Yum and Yum. These bad boys did not last long at my house!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (10.5 ounce) fudge brownie mix (do not prepare the mix according to the package directions)
- 1 - 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter (do not sub margerine), cut into tiny pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen whipped desert topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat twelve 2 1/2" muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, slightly beat egg.
- Add brownie mix, 1/2 can of the cherry pie filling and butter pieces. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin cup. Each cup should be roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Do not remove the brownie cups from the pan.
- Remove from the refrigerator and create a sunken down area in the middle of each brownie cup using the back of a spoon.
- Fill each sunken center with 1 tablespoon of the cherry pie filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for 12 - 15 more minutes.
- After baking, completely cool on a wire rack before removing the brownies from the muffin tin.
- To remove the brownies from the muffin cups, run a sharp knife completely around the edge of each one and gently lift the brownie out of the cup. Do not turn the muffin pan upside down to remove the brownies.
- To serve - top each brownie with some of the frozen whipped desert topping and dust with unsweetened cocoa.
- Yield: 12 - 18 brownies
I can guarantee that I won’t only serve these for Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to make another batch!