Chicken & Dumplings Stew Recipe
This is the easiest one dish recipe, chicken and dumplings stew recipe!
My friends, this is comfort food at its finest. This easy to prepare, one dish recipe chicken and dumplings stew recipe is sure to please your family and friends.
The plump dumplings alone will get you going back for seconds, or thirds!
I add veggies to my chicken and dumplings that makes it more like a stew. No need to fix additional sides with this meal. Don’t worry – I keep it easy by using canned vegetables.
Chicken and Dumplings Stew
An easy to prepare, delicious and hearty take on traditional chicken and dumplings.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix I use Bisquick
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken I use 3 - 4 boneless breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth Reserve the broth from cooking the chicken. May add ready made broth if more is needed.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 15 oz can petite green peas drained
- 1 14.5 oz can sliced carrots drained
- Prepare the dumplings by stirring the first four ingredients together until moistened. The mixture will be lumpy. Set aside.
- Bring the cooked chicken and next six ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Reduce the heat to low and drop the dumpling dough by tablespoon fulls into the simmering mixture. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 minutes more or until the dumplings are done.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a Nutritionist. I rely on information from third parties to provide all nutritional information, which can vary depending upon brands of products used.
Tried this recipe?Mention @worthingcourtblog or tag #worthingcourtblog!
Don’t wait for the weekend. This stew recipe is easy enough to prepare any day of the week or make it ahead to reheat and serve at the end of a long day. Easy and delicious!
Click HERE to see all of the awesome places where I party.
The recipe looks delicious plus it sounds so very easy. I’ll be making this soon. Thank you for sharing.
Let me know how you like it, Marisa!
Love this recipe! Definitely will be making this!
I hope you love it as much as I do! It’s one of those recipes that I actually think is better on the second day.
I’ve made beef stew but never chicken & dumplings. My family would LOVE this recipe! Thanks so much for linking up with Share The Wealth Sunday!
Thanks for sharing with #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup 6/7/15
How does the broth thicken up so nicely?
Hi Irene. It just naturally thickens as it simmers. I assume it’s because of the Bisquick.
This looks good – better than many similar recipes I’ve seen.
I’ve never made chicken & dumplings. I did have it once at someone else’s house, and it was so good. This recipe lives up to my memory! I’d love to try it.
This looks absolutely delicious! I plan on making this soon . Thank you