I’ve been wanting to share this recipe for Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie with you for a long time!
This chicken pot pie is one of my favorite go-to recipes!
When I’ve been out of the house all day, the last thing I want to do is to come in and spend a lot of time preparing supper. It’s a snap to prepare and is sooo yummy. It’s comfort food at its finest.
The pot pie is assembled from pre-packaged foods, like canned chicken, canned vegetables and canned soup. No need to spend time fixing anything from scratch. Mix it up and add any vegetables that you like!
It’s really a meal in one, but we love to add a simple salad or some fruit.
- 1 - 10.75 oz can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 - 10.75 oz can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 - 14.5 oz can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 - 14.5 oz can cut green beans, drained
- 2 - 12.5 oz cans white premium chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1 - appox. 10 oz can buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place chicken into a bowl and break the chunks up with a fork.
- Add soups, milk, thyme, black pepper and vegetables.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place into a 3 quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Arrange cut biscuits over chicken mixture.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
- Chicken mixture may be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated. Do not bake until ready to serve.
Even though this is a quick and easy recipe, I love to serve it when company comes for supper. It can be easily divided up into multiple small casserole dishes. I think that serving such a “homey” dish, makes my guests feel all the more welcome.
What’s your favorite comfort food?
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR QUICK & EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNERS, PIN IT FOR LATER!
You might like these main dish recipes too.