Blueberries are one of my favorite fresh fruits! Straight off the blueberry bush, cold from the refrigerator, pop-in-my-mouth frozen mini treats, in a smoothie and in just about any recipe you can think of – I love ’em!
Did you know that they’re getting ready to come in season? Yep, I looked it up – domestic blueberries are in season April through September and once that wraps up, the imported varieties start flowing in to the grocery stores in the states.
In my opinion, you just can’t beat a blueberry cobbler! Warm out of the oven, topped with vanilla ice cream – oh my. This cobbler recipe has a cake topping, with a bit of a crunch on top and ooey-gooey blueberry goodness below. It’s absolutely perfect!
Easy And Delicious Fresh Blueberry Cobbler
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries may substitute frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter melted (do not substitute margerine)
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter do not substitute margerine
- 1 cup whole milk
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly grease an 8" iron skillet.
TO PREPARE FILLING
- Mix blueberries, vanilla and lemon juice together and place into bottom of skillet.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar and ½ teaspoon flour, then stir in 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Set aside.
TO PREPARE TOPPING
- Stir together 1¾ flour, baking powder and 6 tablespoons sugar.
- Using your fingers and/or a pastry blender to mix, add 5 tablespoons butter and work together until small pieces are formed.
- Make a well in the center and quickly stir in the milk.
- Mix (by hand) until just moistened.
- Cover batter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Spoon batter over blueberry mixture in the skillet.
- Mix together 2 teaspoons sugar and pinch of cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Allow to cool to warm before serving.
Will keep in refrigerator up to two days.
Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, whipped topping.
Enjoy this yummy treat! You can thank me later! 😀
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Sharing at THESE great parties.