These delicious chocolate and cherry brownie bites are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day or anytime of the year!
Chocolate + Cherries = The Perfect Valentine’s Day Treat!
I’m pretty sure that you’ll want to make some of these for your Valentine’s lovies. 😀 Once you try these delicious bites you will be making them all year long!
If you love chocolate and you love cherries, you just might find this brownie recipe addictive. Perfectly moist on the inside with a slightly chewy outside. Yum and Yum. These bad boys did not last long at my house!
Fudge Brownie Cherry Bites
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package 10.5 ounce fudge brownie mix (do not prepare the mix according to the package directions)
- 1 - 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup butter do not sub margerine, cut into tiny pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen whipped desert topping thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat twelve 2 1/2" muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, slightly beat egg.
- Add brownie mix, 1/2 can of the cherry pie filling and butter pieces. Stir until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin cup. Each cup should be roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Do not remove the brownie cups from the pan.
- Remove from the refrigerator and create a sunken down area in the middle of each brownie cup using the back of a spoon.
- Fill each sunken center with 1 tablespoon of the cherry pie filling.
- Return to the oven and bake for 12 - 15 more minutes.
- After baking, completely cool on a wire rack before removing the brownies from the muffin tin.
- To remove the brownies from the muffin cups, run a sharp knife completely around the edge of each one and gently lift the brownie out of the cup. Do not turn the muffin pan upside down to remove the brownies.
- To serve - top each brownie with some of the frozen whipped desert topping and dust with unsweetened cocoa.
- Yield: 12 - 18 brownies
I can guarantee that I won’t only serve these for Valentine’s Day. I can’t wait to make another batch!