This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUBBA Burger. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a delicious recipe for you just in time for your July 4th cookout. Of course, this is yummy anytime of year – not just on Independence Day! Have you ever tried veggie burgers before? I found out that they are a great, healthy alternative to traditional beef or turkey burgers.
If you know me at all, then you know that my favorite recipes are the ones that are quick and easy. This one fits that bill perfectly!
Instead of making veggie burgers from scratch, I used ready-made BUBBA Veggie Burgers.
I gotta tell ya – these things were really good! I’ve never had a veggie burger before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. They are a refreshing change from the traditional meat burgers.
Pookie and I have been working at eating healthier, so I was intrigued by the benefits of the Bubba Veggie Burgers.
- 4 Bubba Veggie Burgers, frozen - do not thaw prior to cooking
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle Chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Kosher salt to taste
- Grill veggie burgers according to the package directions.
- To prepare the sauce - add the mayo, chilies, adobo sauce, lime juice and salt to a food processor and mix well. Keep refrigerated.
- To assemble the burgers - place 1 slice of red onion on the bottom half of the bun, add a burger, 1 tomato slice, baby spinach leaves and a dollop of the chipotle mayo sauce. Top with the other half of the bun.
We love to eat ours with baked sweet potato fries seasoned with paprika, chili powder and kosher salt accompanied by some extra Chipotle Mayo Sauce on the side for dipping. Yum. We’re already planning to enjoy the burgers again next weekend!
Get loads of serving ideas: