This Christmas you must try my pecan meltaway balls recipe for a delicious cookie!
“Sometimes me thinks, ‘What is a friend?’ And then me say ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.'” – The Cookie Monster
That Cookie Monster is one smart fella, I say. 😀
My family begs for this incredible Christmas cookie recipe every year These pecan meltaway balls are the perfect cookie – delicately delicious without being too sweet. They sure don’t last long around my house!
And I don’t mind making a batch or two either. These tasty morsels require only 5 ingredients. They’re easy to make and even easier to eat!
No making a mess by rolling out cookie dough and dragging out your cookie cutters. These are simply shaped in your hand and then rolled in powdered sugar.
Make these tasty cookies ahead and stored at room temperature or in the freezer. Be sure to read the notes at the bottom of the recipe. They’re perfect for taking to a Christmas cookie exchange too – everyone loves these cookies!
Meltaway Pecan Balls
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter - no substitutions
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, pulse pecans with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until nuts are very finely ground. Add butter and vanilla, and process until smooth, occasionally stopping processor and scraping the side with a rubber spatula.
- Add flour;process until evenly mixed and dough forms.
- With floured hands, shape dough by rounded teaspoon full into small balls.
- Place 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 16 - 18 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned and cookies are light golden.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack. Cool for 3 minutes, then roll cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar and place back on wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are completely cool, roll in sugar once again.
- Repeat with remaining dough and sugar.
I love nothing better than to pair them with a cup of hot cocoa or coffee. Yum.
No need to wait until Christmas – your family and friends will love you if you make a batch right now!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?