A recipe for Weight Watchers friendly gingerbread cheesecake so delicious that it has the approval of an actual cheesecake chef and makes for a delicious guilt-free dessert! This recipe can easily be adapted and made in a chocolate, key lime or strawberry variation.
This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission, at no extra charge to you. Where possible, the exact product has been linked. If that product isn’t available to link, I’ve linked something similar. All opinions are my own. See my full disclosure HERE.
If you’re a sweets lover, like I am, I believe that one of the most difficult things to do when dieting or trying to eat a healthy diet is to give up sweets, most especially during the holidays.
This recipe is perfect for any time of year, especially with the different variations that you can make. But – with fall quickly approaching, and with Thanksgiving on the not too distant horizon, I was thrilled when I found this recipe!
By the way – this month’s Weight Watcher friendly recipe is part of the monthly recipe bloghop, hosted by my friend Marty at A Stroll Thru Life. This month there are 8 of us sharing some of our favorite recipes! Scroll down to the bottom to get the link to what everyone is sharing.
This gingerbread cheesecake is so delicious, that I served it to everyone that was in attendance at our home for last year’s Thanksgiving meal and it was truly a hit.
One of the people in attendance was an actual cheesecake chef who gave it his full flavor approval!
He thought that it is such a great recipe, he suggested several variations that can be made if you’re a fan of chocolate, key lime or strawberry cheesecakes. All of the variations are listed in the recipe card down below.
HOW TO MAKE THIS WW FRIENDLY GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE:
I used to be intimidated by the thought of making what I assumed was a complicated cheesecake. That isn’t the case with this recipe at all, so don’t be afraid!
To make this recipe, you’ll need eggs, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, sugar-free instant pudding, a little bit of molasses, a small amount of white or brown sugar substitute, vanilla extract, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder. You’ll omit a few of these ingredients if you make a different variation.
You basically put all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl together, except for the yogurt, and whisk until well combined. Add the yogurt last and whisk until everything is well combined once again.
The ingredients are then poured into a 9″ springform pan (THIS ONE is my favorite) or 9″ pie pan that is lightly greased with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake it, allow it to cool and refrigerate. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to one month if you need to make it ahead.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR MAKING THE GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE:
As I’ve mentioned, this isn’t a difficult recipe at all, but there are a few tips that will be helpful:
- Use a thick Greek yogurt, such as Fage or Chobani for the best results.
- Mix the yogurt by hand with a whisk, not with a mixer.
- You can substitute regular instant pudding for sugar free, but the calorie count won’t be as low.
- Do not remove the cheesecake from the springform pan until it has chilled for at least 12 hours in the refrigerator so that it is completely set. The longer it chills, the better it will taste.
- Once you’re ready to store the cheesecake, cover it with a paper towel then plastic wrap, to help absorb moisture and refrigerate for up to one week.
- The cheesecake can also be frozen for up to one month in an airtight container.
- Remember – any additional toppings that you add will add more calories.
Weight Watcher Friendly Gingerbread Cheesecake
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1 oz package sugar free instant vanilla pudding , butterscotch flavor may be used instead of vanilla
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute , you can use white or brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, except for the yogurt. Whisk, by hand, until well combined.
- Add yogurt to ingredients already in mixing bowl. Whisk all together, by hand, until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9" springform or 9" pie pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The cheesecake may look jiggly at the end of 30 minutes, but it will set when chilled.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for at least 12 hours, then remove from springform pan. If you used a pie plate instead, you may leave it in the plate and cut pieces as desired.
- Chocolate: Omit ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Replace sugar-free instant vanilla pudding with sugar-free instant chocolate pudding.
- Keylime: Omit ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Replace sugar-free instant vanilla pudding with sugar-free instant keylime pudding.
- Strawberry: Omit ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Replace the plain fat-free yogurt with strawberry fat-free yogurt. Top with fresh chopped strawberries or sugar-free strawberry pie filling.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS RECIPES TOO: